Indiana’s United Ways believe that long-term meaningful impact is achieved in communities when quality programs are combined with public policy and advocacy work. IAUW's Advocacy Program:
- Is non-partisan and supports sound policy principles;
- Blends research, recommendations, and representation;
- Seeks practical, long-term solutions to human needs;
- Uses its convening power to craft compromise policies, balancing the needs of various constituencies; and
- Supports national United Way initiatives while creating a state-level focus on administrative and legislative advocacy.
- Provides support to local United Ways in their policy work, including presentations to boards and agency partners, webinars and advocacy.