Indiana United Ways is launching a three year AmeriCorps project for the Healthy Futures: Reducing and/or Preventing Prescription Drug and Opioid Abuse opportunity. United Ways fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community. United Ways in Indiana are new to the issue of the opioid epidemic, but they are known for engaging communities and mobilizing resources to fight for basic human needs.
United Against Opioid Abuse will utilize AmeriCorps members to assist United Ways and other community organizations in: a) conducting a landscape scan about how their community is experiencing the opioid problem, b) developing an asset map to help leaders look at community resources systemically, and c) engaging the community as part of the solution. This work will support existing coalitions currently working on prevention and response to opioid abuse.
Participating United Ways recruiting AmeriCorps members include the following counties: Howard, Sullivan, Vanderburgh, and Vigo.
Candidates interested in a dynamic, learning filled opportunity to make a difference with these selected communities with heightened Substance Use Disorder, should apply at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=76642&fromSearch=true.
Americorps Member Position
Full Time, Temporary
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 18 years of age
- US Citizen, US National or Legal Permanent Resident of the US
- Entrepreneurial Spirit and Strategic Thinker
- Responsible, Organized, Motivated, Flexible and Professional
- Excellent Written and Oral Communications Skills
- $12,630 annual living allowance
- $5,815 Segal Education Award used for qualified student loans and educational opportunities
- Health Insurance & Child Care Assistance
- Professional Development, Training, and Supervision
For more information, contact John Ferguson.